As with the move from baby to toddler rooms, there is no set age for children to join our pre-school group. At Newnham Court and Hockers Lane we work closely with parents to find the perfect moment to make the move. Children moving to Pre-School already show independence in dressing, eating and expressing opinions.
The main features of our pre-school rooms include:
- Organised curriculum taking into account national learning guidelines.
- Emphasis on learning through discussion, exploration and individual/own experiences
- Regularly updated notice boards providing parents with information on activities and plans.
- IT equipment and interactive whiteboard
- Wide variety of messy play
- Self help resources
- Activities that promote children’s independence
- School visits